People Leaving Armed Forces

The following households may join the housing register even if they have not lived in the Bracknell Forest Borough for 4 years:

  • members of the armed forces and former Service personnel, where the application is made within 5 years of discharge
  • bereaved spouses and civil partners of members of the armed forces leaving Services Family Accommodation following the death of their spouse or partner
  • serving or former members of the Reserve Forces who need to move because of a serious injury, medical condition or disability sustained as a result


If your circumstances fall within one of these categories, please contact the Welfare and Housing Service on or 01344 352045 for help with registration.


When applying for Social Housing in the borough, reasonable preference is given at the stage of applying and at the allocations stage.