Welcome to BFC My choice – your route to a new affordable rented home in Bracknell Forest.
BFC My choice gives you the opportunity to:
- Register for housing in Bracknell Forest if you are resident in the borough and have lived here continuously for 12 months.
- Find out about housing association properties that are available for letting
- Express an interest in a property that you would like to be considered for by making a bid
With BFC My choice there is greater opportunity to find a home of your choice in the area in which you would prefer to live.
Start exploring this site to find out more about BFC My choice, and most importantly to start bidding on properties. You will need your login details sent to you by us to do this. If you are not yet on the housing register, please go to our registration page.
Changes to our Allocations Policy:
- There will no longer be a Band E on the housing register
- Applications from households in Band C and D will be able to move up a band but not to Band A, (which is the Emergency Band) based on the length of time on the council's housing register Allocations Policy Changes – Time Waiting Additional Priority A change to the Council's Allocations Policy went live on 4 July 2013. Applicants will automatically move up a band based on how long they have waited in a band. This policy change will allow applicants who have been on the housing register and in the same band for 6 years to move up to the next band on the 6 year anniversary of the effective date of their application. To give some examples:
1. An applicant in Band C with an effective date of 12 April 2007 will be moved up into Band B with a new effective date of 12 April 2013.
2. An applicant in Band D with an effective date of 01 June 2009 will move up into Band C on 01 June 2015.
- Applicants must have lived in the borough for one year continuously before joining the housing register
- Applicants who are working will be prioritised above those who are not working when bids are received for properties
- Applicants who deliberately worsen their housing situation will be placed in the band below their current housing need
- Households who move to resolve overcrowding may only bid on the maximum size property that they are eligible for.
- Households who are owed a statutory homeless duty by the Council will be directly matched with a property that meets their housing need.
- Households living in affordable housing who are under-occupying by one bedroom will be placed in Band B
- Households who have been agreed by the Chief Officer for Children's Social Care in Bracknell Forest as suitable as foster carers and who need larger accommodation will be placed in Band B
- Applicant/s who have housing related debts will not be nominated for properties they bid on unless there is evidence of at least six months consistent regular payments of debt
If you are a member of the Armed Forces, Former Service Personnel applying within 5 years of discharge and or spouses of the Armed Forces and you would like to apply to the Housing Register. Please contact the Housing Options Team for an appointment to discuss your Housing Options on 01344 352009.
If you can not find something on this website or would like further information
The Housing Options Team can also provide advice and assistance on a wide range of housing-related issues, not just BFC My choice. If you would like further information, please go to Bracknell Forest Council's main website .
Some information on this site is in PDF format (Portable Document Format). To view these documents you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader